How does Roots Favour Exchange work?
- you register
- you get the service you need from other members and you transfer Favours (credits) to the person who did you the service
- you provide a service to somebody else, and you get paid back in Favours (credits) that you can spend to get services from the other members.
If you need details:
- Register for free here. You can exchange favours only if you register!
- Search for the skills offered by the members of RFE
- Have you found somebody with the skills you are looking for? Contact the person by email or phone and agree with him/her on the date and amount of Favours (credits) to exchange
- Inform us filling in the contact for, so we can keep track of all the Favours (credits) exchanged. Please do that in advance, before receving the favour.
- Get your favour!
- Transfer the agreed credit (=pay the favour through your credits) to the person who did the favour. It’s like a bank transfer: go to the Transfer Credit page, specify the number of favours to give to that person and explain the reason of the transfer. Once you transfer your credit, both your credit balance and the credit balance of the other person will automatically reflect the transaction. For example, John helps you to clean your windows, so you transfer 2 credits to John, and then you will have -2 in your balance and John will see +2. You will see your updated credit in the sidebar on the left, or clicking on My History in your profile page (to get access to your profile page, click on Profile on the right sidebar once you log in).
- Check your transfers and credits history. It’s like an online bank statement, but much easier to read!